Friday, January 22, 2010

$5 Herbal Consults: Jan 15-Feb 15

Dear Friends:


Happy New Year!


The year 2009 was a tough one for many people. I would like to take a few moments of your time to reflect on the past year, and to offer a New Year's gift to all.


This past year has been fantastic in many ways. I re-located my office from Oak Cliff to North Dallas, and I have been told by clients that our new location near the toll road is much more convenient for them. We like our place in the Spindletop Oil building and are glad that you do, too!


2009 was also financially painful for many of us. Taking care of basic necessities has become burdensome for many, and health care has fallen to the bottom of the plate. Some health care providers have actually raised prices as a response to fewer patients. Now is not the time to raise prices. I offer the commitment to all of my current and future patients that I will not raise my consultation or service prices in 2010.


Over the past year, I have had inquiries about why I do not accept insurance. Please allow me to explain. Although many acupuncturists offer mild pain and stress relief, many people come to see me for significant problems such as gynecological disorders, major digestive disturbances, debilitating pain, degenerative arthritis, high cholesterol and blood pressure, auto-immune disorders, depression, panic attacks, insomnia, severe carpal tunnel syndrome, or disfiguring skin problems. There is no insurance plan that covers acupuncture for internal health problems or herbal treatment of any sort!


As a response to this recession and as a gesture of goodwill, for 30 days I will waive new patient intake fees (a $25 value), and I will offer $5 herbal consultations and quick checks for both old and new patients between January 15 and February 15, 2010.


I will still charge for herbal products and for manual therapies (such as acupuncture or bodywork therapies), but the $60 herbal consultation fee has been reduced to the price of a cheeseburger. Think of this gesture as our contribution towards your New Year's resolutions.

As one good turn deserves another, I would greatly appreciate you forwarding this e-mail to anyone in your circle of friends who may have expressed interest in natural medicine, but who has hesitated to act due to finances.


I became a doctor of Oriental medicine for one reason: to help other people achieve their optimum health potential naturally. This was my inspiration, and remains my commitment.


Take Good Care,


Dr. D

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home